Solar War in the Desert – T.U.S.K. vs K.O.C.H
A politically, economically and Racially charged marketing campaign has popped up in the debate over solar power in AZ, and it might be funded indirectly by Arizona Public Service Co., the company asking regulators to force new solar customers to pay significantly more on their monthly bills.
APS has asked state energy regulators to change the rules for how electric companies give solar customers credit for the electricity they send to the power grid.
Solar companies months ago began their own marketing campaign to fight the proposed changes, which they see as a threat to the residential rooftop solar industry. By adding $50 to $100 a month to solar customers’ bills, the changes would take away much of the financial incentive for using solar.
Fairness = ?
Funding for the ad campaign has been linked (somewhat) to The Koch brothers. Now, this is the true definition of "Strange Bedfellows". The Koch brothers supporting "Fairness" and opposing Barry Goldwater Jr. and the SunCity crowd. (Insert Tea Party here) I can hear Will Farrell's script writers laughing now.
TUSK (aka Tell Utilities Solar Won't Be Killed) says, ...Arizona Public Service wants to extinguish the independent rooftop solar market in Arizona to protect its monopoly. How? They want to eliminate the policy that lets homeowners get fair credit for the surplus power they return to the grid. This is called net metering and it’s successful in 43 states. APS wants the Arizona Corporation Commission to change the rules so the utility can keep homeowners’ excess solar energy for free while maintaining its monopoly status.
The Synopsis -
1. Yes, APS and every other Utility wants to re-write the rules that they agreed to.
2. Because, as more and more people get roof top solar the deal (Incentive) is costing them $$$
3. Who has Solar Panels? Rich White People
4. Who doesn't have Solar? Everyone that lives in Guadalupe, ... and you know who I mean.
5. The Truth is, ... Everyone that does not have Roof Top Solar Panels are in fact subsidizing those that Do. - Rich White People
Keep an Eye on this Battle, ... It will have National Implications.